Monday, January 29, 2018

A Day in Space

Hi all, 
Last year's solar eclipse encouraged people to look up into our skies.  I'm encouraging you to keep that momentum going by knowing what is happening in our skies this year.

FYI - Lunar eclipse on the January 31st!  The video below talks about this event.  Info about the event



Part of our success into space has come at great cost.  January 28 is the 32 anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster.  Here are some resources to inform others about what many of us witnessed. 



More resources on previous disasters



Related links to learn more about space exploration
JPL Education Site - Amazing!

Some appropriate quotes.

I touch the future. I teach. 
Christa McAuliffe

If I can get some student interested in science, if I can show members of the general public what's going on up there in the space program, then my job's been done. Christa McAuliffe

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew. 
Marshall McLuhan

More to come!  Thinking Mission to Mars!

No comments:

Post a Comment