Thursday, October 3, 2019

Reflection - Post Sample

Scratch Coding Reflection


I created 3 different coding projects in Scratch.  Mr. Garcia made us follow a
tutorial because he says coding is important to learn so I can get a good job. 
I did it because I want a good grade in the class. So I followed the tutorial
and found it difficult to understand what to do.   A friend of mine helped me
get started using code blocks like the ones in the picture below. I had to put
different blocks together to make my sprites move. 

At first, it was hard but then it started to become fun to make the sprite do
what I wanted it to do. To make the guitar make sounds, I had to use the
“start sound” block but I used the “play sound until done block and a “wait”
block.  The sound was ok but it was too slow. I changed the variable in the
“wait” block but it would not change the sound. So I decided to try the
“start sound” block and then I was able to change the sound and make it
better! I felt so happy that I figured out the problem.  Mr. G says it is
called debugging when you fix a problem in code. 

Anyway, I finished 3 projects and had some fun even though it was hard and
frustrating at times.   I have another idea to build a game that I am going to
try to start soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment